Wallet Friendly “I’m thinking of you” mini gifts
You probably read our post on “The Price of Romance“, if not, go read it now. If you have read it, you’ll know that sometimes its not a huge dent in your bank account that is going to keep the romance alive.
As South Africans, we have a lot on our plate, between morning traffic, keeping up with the Guptas, surviving the summer heat, load shedding, and water shedding, etolls and other purely SA things. So we’re going to hopefully make Romance one thing you need not worry about with gifts sourced from shops that can be found across South Africa, or that deliver to your door in South Africa. And we know the budget is tight, with the taxes, toll fees, petrol price and everything in between going up all the time. So we’ve taken the challenge to make it even easier for your pocket with a list of things we love all for R100 or under. You read right, that’s thoughtful romantic gifts for R100 or less! For those of you in long distance relationships, or who don’t have time to hit up the local mall, we also have a whole list of things that can be delivered to your door.
R100 or under
These are items that can be bought at almost any mall across South Africa. Add a bow or a little giftbag and your SO will know you were thinking about them today.
- Woolworths Princess – Stun her with these amazing heart earrings! They only cost R49.95, so you could add this pair of Pearl stud earrings for that R100!
- Woolworths Prince – Get him thinking all day long of how much you love him with this pair of Funky Socks for only R59.95.
- The Braai Master – Ladies this 3 piece Braai Set for R99 from Game stores is a perfect gift for your man if he loves to braai as much as most South African men do
- The Nigella fan – This Egg pan and Novelty egg flip is awesome and currently its only R67.95 from Clicks.
- The Suzelle DIY wannabe – Guys, help your gal start her DIY dreams with this sturdy Claw Hammer for R100 available from Builders. DIY, because anybody can and everybody should.
- The Camping King- Girls, help your man to always be prepared with this Keygear Cool Tool from Cape Union Mart. Because its R99 and well, its just cool.
Budget Friendly and Delivered to your door
For those of you in long distance relationships, or those who just cant go to the local mall and pick up one of the above options, here’s a list of R100 or less items that you can buy online and get delivered to your door, or the door of your SO. Shipping costs might be a bit more than R100, but it’s a small price to pay for the convenience.
- Fashion doesn’t have to go out the window with this stunning Bowtie and Pocket Square set from Spree.co.za on special for R77.
- For the SO who loves tech, Amazon.com is offering this 8gb Kingston Memory card for $1.29, that’s under R20!
- Art may be a big thing in your SO’s repertoire, so give them a gift they can enjoy with this set of watercolour pencil crayons from Loot.co.za for R75!
- Or you could get your lover’s favourite book from Loot.co.za. There are many options to choose from, but we are pretty sure most ladies would love on of Jane Austen’s Classics to read and keep on their shelf for under R100.